Saturday, December 8, 2007

Amelia Lynn is Here!

She is PERFECT! Amelia arrived December 6th, 2007 at 8:02 in the morning. She is 6 pounds and 10 ounces and 18.25 inches long (I was 6 pounds and 4 oz and 18.25). She does indeed have long legs!! She has a FULL head of brown hair (thank GOD since I made all those bows), beautiful blue eyes like her dad, and my coloring so we'll see what happens with that hair! She scored a 9 on the Apgar test and aced her hearing test today... She has the most adoring 2 sets of grandparents who cannot put her down and an Aunt Rinny who is very in love with her.

I am TOTALLY in love with her and so is her father. He is SO cute with her. She is a wonderful self soother and all the Happiest Baby on the Block concepts are working perfectly with her... Right now she is just laying here staring at me. Even her cries are sweet... they end in a meow like sound that sounds like "he he he"... it's adorable!

The hardest part has been recovering from the c-section... it is NOT an easy operation! The surgery itself was really scary to me (my first surgery ever) and the recovery has been painful. The first two days were a blur, today has been MUCH better thanks to the nurse adding motrin to my vicodin... it really worked!

I sent Roger home to sleep after the first night (the nurses would not leave us alone and it was pretty miserable) and Amelia and I have enjoyed spending the evenings together and then she goes to the nursery until her next feeding. She is a WONDERFUL cuddler!!!

Here is the link to view her hospital pictures... the password is fort http://www.webnursery.com/webnursery/parent/Registration.aspx?registrationcode=752hlee

You will also find pictures at http://www.amelialynn.shutterfly.com/action/

No comments: